Position Title: Accompanist
Report To: Leader of Traditional Music
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Revised: November 8, 2022
- Accompany choirs during rehearsals and performances as directed by the Leader of Traditional Music.
- Prepare for and perform at Wednesday night rehearsals .
- Prepare for and perform at Sunday Services with rehearsals beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Accompany choirs, soloists, and other ensembles for special services to include but not limited to Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday.
- May be required to assist with Sunday Modern Worship Services beginning at 9 a.m.
- Consult with the Leader of Traditional Music in planning weekly worship services.
- Assist the Leader of Traditional Music with securing coverage for absences.
- Work with the Leader of Traditional Music to bring an atmosphere of worship and community to rehearsals and services.
- Ability to read music.
- Demonstrated keyboard and musical skills. Ability to play organ preferred.
- Ability to supervise maintenance of instruments in collaboration with the Leader of Traditional Music.
- Demonstrated skills and experience accompanying vocalists and instrumentalists.
Weddings and Funerals:
- Performance at weddings and funerals are outside the parameters of this job description and may be performed at her/his discretion. However, when members of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church or their family members are involved, it is highly suggested to be available if at all possible.
- Payment for assisting with these special services should be made prior to the service by the family of the deceased . Fees shall be in accordance with established St. Luke’s wedding and funeral policy.
- Must be called to Music Ministry.
- Exhibit a spirit of positive cooperation with the staff.
- Maintain an active concern for the life and mission of the Church.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary for the support of the music ministry of St. Luke’s.
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- On an annual basis, performance evaluations will be conducted by the Leader of Traditional Music in collaboration with the Staff Parish Relations Committee. New employees will be subject to an evaluation at the end of their 90-day probationary period.
TO APPLY: Send resume' and three references to email@example.com