Are you passionate about following God's call and seeking a place to serve in ministry? See our postings below and consider joining the staff at St. Luke's United Methodist Church. If you have questions about any of the information on this page, click here.
The Director of Music and Creative Arts is a full time exempt position responsible for the planning, organization, development and implementation of the Music and Arts Ministries. Reports to the Senior Pastor, and is a member of the Sr. Pastor’s leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and plan the music/art/drama programs agreed upon by Pastors and staff, and integrate and execute in two weekly worship services, as well as funerals and special services.
• Direct 35 voice Adult Choir during rehearsals and worship services on Sundays and special occasions throughout the year.
• Integrate Youth/Children Choirs with Adult Choirs to enhance worship experiences within and outside the Church.
• Direct the 60-voice Crossflame Youth choir ministry, to include recruiting, musical programming, rehearsals, fundraising, and annual trip. Communicate with parents and maintain parental relationships.
• Oversee, develop and coordinate the activities of drama and visual arts groups who participate in worship and special services.
• Oversee Youth and Children’s Choirs during rehearsals and services scheduled throughout the year.
• Oversee other music groups to include Accompanists, Hand Bells, Ensembles, and Orchestra.
• Recruit Choir, Orchestra, Ensemble members and Accompanist.
• Procure music and maintain the Music Library.
• Develop, maintain, and manage the annual Music Ministry budget.
• Supervise the work activities of the Music Assistant.
• Maintain a safe and secure working environment in all areas under Director’s control in accordance with the church’s Safe Sanctuary policy.
• Recruit, train, and develop leaders within the music ministry areas of responsibility.
• Oversee the sound and light systems.
• Provide for maintenance and repair of musical instruments and Choir robes.
• Maintain records to support ministries under Director’s control.
• Organize and coordinate fundraising programs in support of music ministries.
• Organize activities to maintain morale and retention of groups/individuals under supervision.
• Attend staff meetings, committee meetings, and retreats as required.
• Other duties as required by the Lead Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Team
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
• Three years’ experience in a professional church music position preferred with the ability to read music, conduct choirs and teach voice.
• Ability to lead in a church environment, and collaborate with the church leadership team.
• Excellent communications, logistical, organizational, training, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle confidential material and relationships is essential.
Position opens December 2018. Applications requested by July 31, 2018. Salary commensurate with education and experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Church Administrator, St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 52 16th Avenue NW, Hickory, NC 28601, or by email to Administrator@slumc.org.